According to a segment broadcast on tvN’s enews on June 29, Big Bang filmed six commercials and reportedly earned an estimated 1.1 billion won (968,000 USD) per CF to rake in a total of 6.6 billion won (5.8 million dollars) in the first half of 2012, putting the idol group in the upper ranks in terms of earnings.
Lee Jung Pyo from SK Marketing & Company is quoted in the clip saying, “On the earnings of current idol group models, it’s safe to say [Big Bang] is at the highest level.”
What’s more impressive is that the 6.6 billion won figure is exclusive of T.O.P’s individual earnings as a CF model.
The clip also notes that Big Bang recently shot a CF in Japan, which member Seungri nailed for the group through personal connections, for 400 million won, proving that everyone wants a piece of the idol group.
1. Kim Yu Na (1.2 billion x 8 = 9.6 billion won) (US$8.4 million)
2. Kim Soo Hyun (11 cf total 7-8 billion won) (US$6.1-7.0 million) 3. BIG BANG (1.1 billion x 6 = 6.6 billion won) (US$5.8 million)
4. Won Bin (total 6.4 billion won) (US$5.6 million)
5. Kim Tae Hee (800mil x 6 = 4.8 billion won) (US$4.2 million)
6. Lee Seung Gi (700mil x 6 = 4.2 billion won) (US$3.7 million)
7. Jo In Sung (800mil x 5 = 4 billion won) (US$3.5 million)
8. Girls' Generation (group: 4 billion won + individual, total 5 billion won)
9. Sung Joong Ki (400mil x 7 = 2.8 billion won)